Discount codes can:
- Have a range of valid dates
- Apply as a fixed amount or a percentage of cost
- Apply to the purchaser’s cart or only specific events
- Discount Code: The text a user will have to enter to apply the discount. Discount codes are not case sensitive, so ’20PERCENT’ and ’20percent’ are the same code.
- Discount Description: This is an internal-only field for you to note anything about this discount code you want to track for your own reference.
- Start Date: Sets the beginning date that a code will be valid, if it will be date limited.
- End Date: Sets the end date for a discount code’s validity.
- Discount Amount: A numeric value to apply as a discount.
- Discount Type: Whether the above number will be applied as a simple value or as a percentage.
- Discount Events: A list of event IDs that this discount code can be applied to, if only available for some events.